Another set of paperwork!!!
After acquiring the marriage cert last week, now it’s time to get a social security number. The husband is working and I’ve been here for more than a month so it’s about time to get used to their bus, max (this is their term for our MRT/LRT in Manila), and streetcars. And don’t forget, a lot of wait time and walking. 🙂
1. Eat breakfast!!!
2. Complete docs for SSN application. Visit these websites for reference: SSA website, K1 visa guide (Applied for one after getting married so I don’t need to visit the office again for name change).
3. Screenshot of bus stops and max stops and map for walking. This is necessary as I don’t have a phone service yet and I forgot to borrow my husband’s phone. So yeah! 🙂
4. Prepare $2.50 for fare. (2-hour adult fare)
The actual journey:
1. Bus stop sked 10:54, waited until 10:56. Not bad!
2. Paid fare.
3. Transfer to Merlo Max station – To Gresham! So far I am on schedule. 😉 No photos as I was standing and enjoying the view. Plus counting how many stops to go to get to Beaverton TC Station. 😉
4. Started walking to SSA office, got lost for a while. Got confused with the streets. Haha. So thankful for GPS, phone map was working even without a SIM.
5. Arrived at SSA office around 11:44, got my priority number and was only their for an hour. Sweet! Very fast.
6. Going back home was no longer difficult, except for the longer wait time. Walk back to Beaverton TC Station, arrived 12:58pm, got another ticket as the first one expired already. Arrived at Merlo Station 1:05pm and waited for the bus until 1:29pm. That’s when I started writing this post and taking photos. 🙂
Fun! I think I am close to being a local now. Hehe. 🙂 ’til my next post, got to eat now!
Much ❤ ,